Audit Express is committed to providing quality services to our clients and visitors and, this policy outlines our ongoing obligations in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. This Policy applies to the products and services we provide on our website (www.auditexpress.com.au), our social media profiles and other software and documents on how we collect, hold, use and disclose the data and comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Privacy is defined as ‘the protection of the interests of the individual, and the individual’s right to control how their personal information is used, and for what purposes’.
Confidentiality is defined as ‘the restriction of access to information, and the control of the use and release of personal information, in order to protect individual privacy.
Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify you.
Audit Express provides services in the consulting, auditing and professional development space. We determine how and when we use your data. We do not sell your data to any third parties and we are committed to protecting your privacy and want to provide transparency regarding how we use the information collected.
Personal Information and Collection of Data
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of the functions we perform. Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
- Contact details (Name, Address, Email address, Phone number)
- Financial information (bank account details in the event you are a client)
- Data about products and services you purchase
- Data that identifies your IP address
- Data on how you use our website
Data collection can happen when (however is not limited to):
- You visit our website
- You interact on our social media platforms
- You subscribe to professional development webinars and workshops
- You send us an email
- You accept cookies
- You voluntarily submit your data
Use and Disclosure
Audit Express will only use the data according to data laws in Australia. The data collected will be used for the purpose it was collected and related purposes such as:
- To provide you with information about our products and services
- Customer and client support
- To improve our site
- Market research (for example, we may contact you for client feedback on products and services we provide)
- To provide you with information about events we hold and promote
- To provide you with information about upcoming webinars and professional development
- Monitoring your compliance with our site terms and conditions
- Marketing material (with your consent)
- To detect and prevent fraud
We may disclose or share your data for the purpose it was collected and related purposes such as:
- With your consent
- Within our business
- Within our related businesses (namely, Educonomy and School of Professional Development)
- In any promotions and giveaways we organise
- Where required or authorised by law
Data Quality and Storage
Audit Express will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, current and complete. If you find that the information we hold is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Memorise the users who have unlocked access to premium content.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It will affect the users experience and some of our services will not function properly.
Choices Available to Clients and Visitors
Clients or visitors may not want their data to be collected and/or used. Choices available to you are:
- The right not to provide us with your personal information
- Turn off cookies – you can turn off cookies by activating setting in your browser
- Unsubscribe from marketing emails and material
You may exercise your rights at any time by contacting us via our site or by email at email@example.com.
Accessing information we hold
A client or visitor may request a copy of its information retained in our CRM system at any point in time by contacting us in writing. In order to protect your personal information, we may require you to provide identification prior to the release of your personal information requested.
The right to be forgotten
All clients and visitors have the right to request their data to be erased. This will require us to have to delete all data we hold about you. This does not apply to the data we are required to hold due to any legal obligations.
The right to make a complaint
Any complaints regarding how your data is handled or managed, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide a repose to complaints and, if you are not satisfied with the response we provide, you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.