Audit Express is a leading internal audit, quality assurance and consulting firm specialising in the education, health and care sectors. We work directly with organisations of all types, shapes and sizes right across Australia and internationally. Our clients include some of Australia’s most well known, award-winning TAFE Institutes, Universities, Large Employers and Regulators. We also work with many incredible industry, enterprise and community-based organisations throughout Australia.
Due to organisational growth, we are expanding our team.
We are looking for someone with skills to lead, guide and mentor our audit and consulting team and provide support in various aspects of the business and client management.
The Senior Team Leader, Auditor & Quality Consultant role is based in Melbourne, Victoria. You will work closely with the Managing Director, and form part of the internal management team.
The position of Senior Team Leader, Auditor & Quality Consultant with Audit Express is a high-level management position that requires advanced skills in project management, organisational skills, team management and high-level communication skills (both written and verbal). This position involves independent thinking and autonomy.
This role is a frontline position that provides audit and consulting services to clients, promotes the organisation through a range of mediums and contributes towards attracting and growing business opportunities. This position will be privy to confidential and sensitive information and a high level of confidentiality and discretion is required. This position requires excellent research skills, the ability to analyse and interpret information, write reports and provide both high-level advice and detailed technical advice to clients and stakeholders.
This position will require the person to work closely with clients, leads, industry representatives and other stakeholders to deliver excellent customer service, responsiveness to requests, timely and accurate advice and delivery of client services.
Audit Express is a dynamic organisation and it is expected that in addition to the tasks outlined below, the person in this position will be able to adapt, assist and undertake additional tasks as required within their skills and ability.
This role will require the successful applicant to travel interstate, and will also include travel to regional and remote areas (restrictions permitting). Travel is usually two days and one night away.
- Team Leader and overseeing the planning, conducting and reporting on Internal Audits
- Proving guidance and assistance in conducting Business Health Checks and Process Reviews
- Writing, reviewing and QA checking Internal Audit Reports
- Providing support, leadership and guidance to the team of auditors and quality consultants with:
- supporting clients to develop and maintain Rectification Plans.
- supporting RTO clients with the Validation and Moderation of their assessment tools and practices.
- supporting RTO clients with the development of Training & Assessment Strategies.
- supporting RTO clients to extend their scope of registration.
- support RTO clients to manage scope of registration ensuring currency of all training products.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training and/or Diploma of Training Design and Development, or higher qualification.
- Diploma of Quality Auditing and/or Graduate Certificate in Internal Auditing.
- AQF Level 7 qualification (or higher) in business administration/management or similar.
- A minimum of six years working in a professional services organisation at a senior level or as a consultant.
- A minimum of three years working as a senior lead auditor and managing staff.
- Auditors must provide evidence of recent Continuing Professional Education which is in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors PD requirements.
Key Selection Criteria
- Able to lead, guide and provide professional development to our team of auditors and quality consultants.
- Meets the desirable skills and qualifications.
- Ability to work independently, autonomously and lead a team.
- Ability to read and interpret standards and produce quality management systems to comply with these standards.
- Strong communication skills, including: verbal, written and report writing.
- High attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the Australian VET Sector, including:
• the Standards for RTOs 2015
• State Funding Contracts
• VET Student Loans
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based technology including file sharing, project management and video conferencing.
- Ability to travel interstate and/or regional and remote areas for several consecutive days.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your leadership skills, VET sector knowledge and compliance background to our boutique and dynamic national audit, quality assurance and consulting firm and progress your career to the next level.
To apply for this role please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to:
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Audit Express is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, parents returning to work, our LGBTI friends, people with disabilities and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this incredibly awesome role.