Internal Auditor & Quality Consultant
AuditExpress is a leading internal audit, quality assurance and consulting firm specialising in the education, health and care sectors. We work directly with organisations of all types, shapes and sizes right across Australia. Our clients include some of Australia’s most well known, award-winning TAFE Institutes, Universities and Large Employers. We also work with many incredible industry, enterprise and community-based organisations throughout Australia.
Due to organisational growth, we are expanding our team.
If you are an experienced and qualified internal auditor and consultant, we want to speak with you today!
The Internal Auditor & Quality Consultant role is based in Melbourne, Victoria. You will work closely with the Managing Director, Practice Manager and panel of Internal Auditors to execute our audit programmes.
The position of Internal Auditor with Audit Express is a senior position that requires advanced skills in project management, organisational skills and high-level communication skills (both written and verbal). This position involves independent thinking and autonomy.
This role is a frontline position that provides audit and consulting services to clients, promotes the organisation through a range of mediums and contributes towards attracting and growing business opportunities. This position will be privy to confidential and sensitive information and a high level of confidentiality and discretion is required. This position requires excellent research skills, the ability to analyse and interpret information, write reports and provide both high-level advice and detailed technical advice to clients and stakeholders.
This position will require the person to work closely with clients, leads, industry representatives and other stakeholders to deliver excellent customer service, responsiveness to requests, timely and accurate advice and delivery of client services.
Audit Express is a small and dynamic organisation and it is expected that in addition to the tasks outlined below, the person in this position will be able to adapt, assist and undertake additional tasks as required within their skills and ability.
This role will require the successful applicant to travel interstate, and will also include travel to regional and remote areas. Travel is usually two days and one night away.
- Planning, conducting and reporting on Internal Audits
- Conducting Business Health Checks and Process Reviews
- Writing Internal Audit Reports
- Supporting clients to develop and maintain Rectification Plans
- Supporting RTO clients with the Validation and Moderation of their assessment tools and practices.
- Supporting RTO clients with the development of Training & Assessment Strategies
- Supporting RTO clients to extend their scope of registration
- Support RTO clients to manage scope of registration ensuring currency of all training products
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher (TAE40116 or currently enrolled in this qualification).
- Diploma of Quality Auditing.
- Diploma level qualification (AQF Level 5) in business administration/management or similar.
- A minimum of five years working in a registered training organisation at a senior level or as a consultant.
- A minimum of three years working in a management position with direct oversight of more than five people.
- Contract and Casual Auditors/Consultants must provide evidence of ongoing VET Practitioner Currency.
- Auditors must provide evidence of recent Continuing Professional Education which is in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors PD requirements.
- In depth knowledge of AVETMISS Data and a working knowledge of common VET sector student management systems, including:
- WiseNet; or
- Other leading Student Management System(s)
Key Selection Criteria
- Meets the desirable skills and qualifications
- Ability to work independently, autonomously and without supervision
- Advanced knowledge of the VET Sector, including:
• the Standards for RTOs 2015
• State Funding Contracts
• VET Student Loans
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of cloud-based technology including file sharing, project management and video conferencing
- Ability to travel interstate and/or regional and remote areas for several consecutive days
- Ability to read and interpret standards and produce quality management systems to comply with these standards
- Strong communication skills, including: verbal, written and report writing
- High attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your Internal Auditing expertise, VET sector knowledge and compliance background to a growing and dynamic national audit, quality assurance and consulting firm.
To apply for this role please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to:
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Audit Express is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, parents returning to work, our LGBTI friends, people with disabilities and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this incredibly awesome role.